TCI CUBIC Animal Tissue-Clearing Reagent
Versatile whole-organ/body staining and imaging based on electrolyte-gel properties of biological tissues
*CUBIC reagents are commercialized under invention licenses by RIKEN, Japan.
CUBIC-L (Product Number: T3740) and either CUBIC-R+(N) (Product Number: T3983) or CUBIC-R+(M) (Product Number: T3741) are required for tissue-clearing.
Please use a combination with CUBIC reagents according to your samples and purposes.
- Tissue-Clearing Reagent CUBIC-L [for delipidation and decoloring]
- Tissue-Clearing Reagent CUBIC-R+(N) [for RI matching]
- Tissue-Clearing Reagent CUBIC-R+(M) [for RI matching]
- Tissue-Clearing Reagent CUBIC-B [for decalcification]
- Tissue-Clearing Reagent CUBIC-HL [for highly fatty tissue and quenching autofluorescence]
- Tissue-Clearing Reagent CUBIC-P [efficiently aids perfusion fixation]
- Tissue-Clearing Reagent CUBIC-X1 [for tissue expansion]
- Tissue-Clearing Reagent CUBIC-X2 [for RI matching while keeping the expanded size]
- Mounting Solution (RI 1.520) [for CUBIC-R+]
- Mounting Solution (RI 1.467) [for CUBIC-X2]
- CUBIC-HV™1 3D nuclear staining kit
- CUBIC-HV™1 3D immunostaining kit (Casein separately)
†If you want to know when to use Mounting Solution, please see Q&A.
†Refer to CUBIC-HV™ page for more information on CUBIC-HV™.
- BASIC PROTOCOL: Soaking in only two products makes mouse whole-body or animal tissues clear. CUBIC-L (for delipidation and decoloring) and either CUBIC-R+(N) (for RI matching) or CUBIC-R+(M) (for RI matching). CUBIC-L: for delipidation and decoloringCUBIC-R+(N): for RI matchingCUBIC-R+(M): for RI matching
- OPTIONAL PROTOCOL: The following products can easily clear tissues which were previously difficult to clear. CUBIC-B: for boneCUBIC-HL: for highly fatty tissues and quenching autofluorescenceCUBIC-P: for mouse perfusion efficiently aids with perfusion fixation
- EXPANSION PROTOCOL: The following products can clear tissues with expansion. CUBIC-X1: for expansion tissuesCUBIC-X2: for RI matching with keeping the expanded size
- Preserve the fluorescent protein signals except CUBIC-HL.
- Staining thick and large specimens uniformly CUBIC-HV™1 3D immunostaining kit: for 3D immunostainingCUBIC-HV™1 3D nuclear staining kit: for 3D nuclear staining
- Shorter sample treatment period.
- Using light-sheet fluorescent microscopy (LSFM) or confocal laser-scanning microscopy (CLSM) enables the whole-organ/body imaging at a cellular resolution.
Etsuo A. Susaki博士